Saturday, July 22, 2006

Noro Silk Garden





This is the only yarn by Noro that I've actually knit with, and I've knit several hats and scarves with it. One annoyance with this yarn, or maybe I'm just a heavy handed caster-on-er, is that when in the middle of casting on with a long tail cast on, the yarn I'm working with just pulls apart. Uggggh. Not a problem when actually knitting, but had this problem several times when casting on. But maybe it's me.

The colorways are lovely and varied, and the yarn gets softer when washed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

The cast-on problem is because the method causes the yarn to "un-twist". I've had it happen with sock yarn a couple of times too.

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Rachel

7:22 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Aaah... see, you do learn something new, every day!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Splindarella said...

I've fondled this yarn at my LYS -- had been considering making a mitered-square blanket out of it -- but decided against simply because it didn't feel very soft, and certainly not as soft as I expect silk to be. Do you think that after a couple of washes it would be snuggle-up blanket quality? Or am I better off with something else?

7:26 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I don't know if it would be snuggle up quality, but I think it has the potential to be, with lots of washings, I can only see this getting softer!

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home